Wednesday, March 2, 2011
An authentic Louisiana recipe with a rich and spicy fresh tomato based roux with fresh garlic, bell peppers, celery and onions mixed with shrimp. A little time consuming but well worth it!! Serve over steamed rice with hushpuppies and/or crackers on the side.
* 1/3 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 small green bell pepper, diced
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 stalks celery, diced
* 2 fresh tomatoes, chopped
* 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
* 1/3 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
* 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 cup fish stock
* 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
1. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Gradually stir in flour, and stir constantly until the mixture turns 'peanut butter' brown or darker, at least 15 or 20 minutes. I use a large fork with the flat side to the bottom of the pan in a side to side motion. This is your base sauce or 'Roux'. It is very important to stir this constantly. If by chance the roux burns, discard and start over.
2. Once the roux is browned, add the onions, garlic, celery and bell pepper to the skillet, and saute for about 5 minutes to soften. Stir in the chopped tomatoes and fish stock, and season with the seafood seasoning. Reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Season the sauce with hot pepper sauce and cayenne pepper (if using), and add the shrimp. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque.
*FIRST ever 450 degree thermal protection spray in the industry
*Conditioning spray that protects hair from the extreme heat of styling appliances
*Suitable for all hair types
*Enhances effectiveness of blow-dryer, flat iron or curling Iron
*Protects hair from the hottest temperatures up to 450 degrees
*Available for purchase at CVS and Rite Aid for $7.49
Salon Grafix is offering one Mother of 1 Princess and 2 Princes reader a chance to win a bottle of Salon Grafix’s 450 Maximum Heat Protect Spray.
MANDATORY: (To Enter FIRST YOU MUST BE A FOLLOWER OF MY BLOG) Visit Salon Grafix Facebook Page and "LIKE" them also you need to tell them I sent you.
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES: (The Above Must Be Done First To Be Eligible For The Extra Entries)
1.) Become a Subscriber. (On Sidebar On Top Right Side)
2.) Friend me on Facebook.
3.) Follow me on Twitter.
4.) Tweet this giveaway.
5.) Blog about this giveaway linking back to this giveaway and Salon Grafix website.
6.) Follow Salon Grafix on Twitter.
7.) Visit Salon Grafix website and tell me another product you would like to try.
Open to U.S. Giveaway ends March 15, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. CST. Winner will be selected by random.org and notified by email and will have 48 hours to reply back before a new winner is selected. Please remember to leave your email address so I can contact you if you win. GOOD LUCK!
Click HERE to receive your FREE sample of Purina ONE Beyond Dog or Cat Food. Allow four weeks for delivery!