The Big Easy Jambalaya
This flavorful dish is perfect for a Mardi Gras party, and it really is 'big easy.' The recipe can be easily doubled to serve 16 by using 2 packages of Jambalaya Mix, doubling all the other ingredients and cooking in a Dutch oven or sauce pot.
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
* 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
* 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted or regular diced tomatoes, undrained
* 1 cup water
* 1 (8 ounce) package ZATARAIN'S® Reduced Sodium Jambalaya Mix
* 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
* 1 (12 ounce) package andouille sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. Heat oil in large deep skillet or 5-quart Dutch oven on medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook and stir 7 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
2. Stir in tomatoes, water and Jambalaya Mix. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Stir in shrimp and sausage. Cover and cook 10 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink and rice and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.