Mediterranean Linguine with Basil and Tomatoes
Fresh grape tomatoes and basil with lots of extra-virgin olive oil and grated Parmesan cheese bring the fresh tastes of Italy to this quick pasta dinner.
* 1 (16 ounce) box linguine pasta
* 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
* 1/2 cup Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 2 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
* 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* Salt and pepper to taste
* 18 basil leaves, cut in thin strips
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional for garnish
1. Heat 6 quarts water to boiling. Add pasta and salt. Cook for the minimum recommended time on package directions. While pasta cooks, prepare sauce.
2. Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add tomatoes and garlic. Cook and stir 2 minutes or until tomatoes are soft. Remove from heat. Stir in vinegar and pepper flakes.
3. Drain pasta. Add to skillet. Cook and stir 1 minute or until pasta is coated and hot. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in basil and cheese. Serve with additional cheese, if desired.