Root Beer Float Cake
A quick and easy cake that resembles a root beer float. Cake mix, root beer and powdered whipped topping mix are used.
* 1 (18.25 ounce) package white cake mix
* 1 1/4 cups root beer
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 2 eggs
* 1 (1.3 ounce) envelope whipped topping mix
* 1/2 cup root beer
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, 1 1/4 cup root beer, oil, and eggs. Beat on low speed until blended. Scrape bowl, and beat 4 minutes on medium speed. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
4. To make the frosting: In a large mixing bowl, combine the whipped topping mix and 1/2 cup root beer. Beat until soft peaks form. Spread on top of cake.